Borgas

How to remove corrupt setups

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi!
What do I need to delete to remove all 0.0.0.0 versions?
Pic1.png
Pic1.png (16.4KiB)Viewed 2827 times

Daniel

Re: How to remove corrupt setups

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 am

Hello,

Can you please try to run an uninstall command line by calling msiexec.exe with the ProductCode of each of the instances you want to remove. Something like this:

Code: Select all

msiexec /x {ProductCode}
If this is of no help please give us more details about the test case you've used before reaching this state. Maybe you can also isolate the behavior into a small sample.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Borgas

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Where do i found the product code?

Borgas

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:51 pm

The reason way this is become an issu is that I did som test setup. Some of them became corrupt and i tryed to remove them manualy.
So I delete some of the registry that i found. After that i become in corrupt state.

So my question is where do Advanced installer get the info that an installation with version 0.0.0.0 exist?

Daniel

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 am

Hello Boris,

If you know the UpgradeCode you can search for it under the following registry path:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes
Please note that the UpgradeCode it is written in the registry in its compressed GUID form. To compute the compressed GUID of your UpgradeCode just use the algorithm we explained in our "Why files are left behind after package uninstall?" faq.

After you compute the compressed GUID of your UpgradeCode you should search for a registry key with the same name under the above registry path. Under the <UpgradeCode_CompressedGUID> reg key you should see a registry value entry (of REG_SZ type) for each one of the ProductCodes installed. The values of these registries are the value of the ProductCodes written in their compressed GUID form. So you should reverse teh operations of the GUID compression algorithm to get the correct ProductCodes.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”