skingswell

Where's my background gone?

When I uninstall instances, for some reason my dialog is missing the background image. If I uninstall instance #0 the dialog displays correctly.
I cannot find a separate dialog in my project that doesn't have a background.
How can I fix this issue?
Attachments
NoBackground.PNG
NoBackground.PNG (17.08 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
Daniel

Re: Where's my background gone?

Hello,

I'm afraid this happens due to a limitation of our "Multiple Instances" feature. Our "Multiple Instances" feature is not compatible with the "Enhanced User Interface" option used on uninstall and maintenance mode. So you should make sure you don't use the "Surface" theme (this uses EUI on always) and that the "Use Enhanced User Interface" option, from "Themes" page -> "Settings" tab, is not set to "Always (install, uninstall and maintenance".

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
skingswell

Daniel thanks but that really wasn't what was I hoping to hear.
I am not sure where to go now. I am not using the Surface theme but the Graphite theme and even with Enhanced UI turned off I still have the same issue and new problems as the application will not install without it turned on.
I do not see the point in having multiple instance support if some of the functionality doesn't work??
What other solutions are there to get around this issue?
Daniel

Hello,

Unfortunately the only solution will be not to use our "Enhanced User Interface" feature set to Always. This means you cannot use the "Surface" theme, this theme requires the EUI to be always enabled.

For instance you can use the "Graphite" theme and make sure the EUI feature is set to be used only on install. Also, you should go to "Product Details" page and make sure the "Override Windows Installer program list entry" option is unchecked too. Whithout this option your product will have only the uninstall option in Control Panel.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
skingswell

Thanks Daniel, I was coming to the same conclusion. I will give that a go.
Daniel

You're always welcome.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”