NovaES

[Help/Bug - AdvancedInstaller 14.2] The form is displayed

When a client installs my program, in order to install I use the prerequisite Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Where in the installation with Full UI - Basic UI - Silent (not UI) I have the following command in place "/q /norestart"

the installation form for this prerequisite is displayed. This error has only been given to me since I upgraded to advancedinstaller 14.2.

What solution can I give you? I have another Net Framework 4.7 prerequisite with the same commands but its form is never shown and this prerequisite does.

What is the reason for this error? Is advancedinstaller a problem?
Daniel

Re: [Help/Bug - AdvancedInstaller 14.2] The form is displayed

Hello,

I've tested the scenario, but cannot replicate the behavior. Can you please send us the .aip (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings?

Also, can you try to manually run (outside of the setup created with AI) the setup package of the VC++ Redist with the related command line and confirm that a silent installation is performed?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
NovaES

Hi, I'm emailing you the project. It's confidential.

Thank you
Daniel

Hello,

Thank you for your sent files. I tested and replicated the issue. It seems the issue is caused by a recent bug which manifests in Advanced Installer. A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing this to our attention. As soon as the fix will be out we will update this forums thread.

Until then, I'm afraid there is no workaround you can use. We apologize for the inconvenience.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Dan

Hello,

This was fixed in version 14.4 of Advanced Installer released on October 26st, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”