brokoli

Sequence change error during patch

Hi,

When I created two msi packages in order to make a patch, during patch building I get an error saying "Warning: Sequence changed. Sequence of file <file> changed in upgraded .."

How can I solve the problem as I have 3 files giving this error.

Thanks
Sorin

Re: Sequence change error during patch

Hello,

Please note that when authoring patches there are some rules you have to take into consideration : Creating Patches

This may happen if you delete the files from your project and re-add them or if you use Synchronized folders. Please keep in mind that it is not recommended to use Synchronized folders when creating patches.

If this is the case, please note that you don't have to delete the files from your project and add the new version. The new version will be automatically included in the package at build time. All you have to do is to replace the file from the disk with the new version and build the project or to add the new files in the project over the old ones (without deleting them).

If this is not helpful please send us the .AIP (project) and the full patch log to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”