disturbed

Windows cannot access the specified device

I have created an installer for my .NET application. The install process finishes without any issues but when I start my installed application I get this error:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

I tried to add file permissions, without success. Running application with administrator privileges gives me the same error. I even tried to add permissions using Advanced Installer. The only solution is to login with Administrator user, but regular users cannot start application. I don't know how to resolve this issue. I use Advanced Installer for almost 3 years and have never encountered this error.

I use Advanced Installer 13.5 and Windows 7 as application client OS.

EDIT: I have created new Advanced Installer project, started from scratch and went again through setup and everything works as expected. I have no idea what went wrong the first time.

Thank you!
Sorin

Re: Windows cannot access the specified device

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I'm glad that you've sorted things out. Should there be any difficulty implementing something, please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”