brianh

"Manufacturer" folder not removed on uninstall in Windows 10

Hi,

Our application is installed to: [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName] [CUSTOM_PRODUCT_VERSION]
After the last (or only) version of our product is uninstalled from a Windows 10 machine the [Manufacturer] folder is not removed even although it is completely empty, it persists even beyond a reboot.
I just upgraded to 14.3 to ensure that the issue is still there in the latest version.

Is there anything we can do to resolve this.
I have attached the aip file.

Thanks,

Brian
Sorin

Re: "Manufacturer" folder not removed on uninstall in Windows 10

Hello,

This may happen if the folder was present on the machine before the installation (it was not created by the installation) of if the component associated with the folder has "Permanent" or "Do not register component with Windows Installer" options enabled. Also please take a look on this article : How do I prevent a file or registry entry from being uninstalled or repaired?

By the way, your project was not properly attached to your post. If my previous information wasn't helpful please send us the .AIP (project) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
brianh

Sorin,

Thanks for the fast reply. I have been through all of our components and checked that none are marked as "Permanent" or "Do not register component with Windows Installer" and the points in the linked article do not sound like anything we may have done (deliberately).

Hopefully my attempt at attaching the aip file will work this time.

Thanks,

Brian
Attachments
Install.aip
(86.03 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
Sorin

Hello Brian,

I've analyzed your project and it seems to be correctly configurated. I think the cause of your behavior is the fact that the folder is not created by the installation - for example due to extensive testing, it was left over from another installation. Please try to uninstall the package, manually delete the folder and retest your scenario.

If you could replicate this issue on a clean machine, please give us a testcase so we could further investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”