Helan

Launch installed file after installation

I want to launch an installed executable with administrator privileges as late as possible in the installation sequence. I found this article:

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... ation.html

which contains the following text:
If the installation will run on Windows Vista or above, the custom action should be moved under "Install Execution Stage" -> "Add Resources". Also, it should be set as "deferred" with "no impersonation".
I can find "Install Execution Stage" -> "Add Resources", but I cannot find anywhere to set "deferred" with "no impersonation". Where is it?

Also, maybe time to update the documentation? "Vista or above" is a very common case these days. ;)
Sorin

Re: Launch installed file after installation

Hello,
I can find "Install Execution Stage" -> "Add Resources", but I cannot find anywhere to set "deferred" with "no impersonation". Where is it?
These options are located in the "launch File" custom action view in "Custom Actions" page. Please see the attached screenshot.
Also, maybe time to update the documentation? "Vista or above" is a very common case these days.
Thank you for your suggestion. We are permanently making efforts for improving our documentation and we appreciate any user feedback.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Sorin
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (72.86 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Helan

Thanks for a quick reply.
Sorin wrote:These options are located in the "launch File" custom action view in "Custom Actions" page. Please see the attached screenshot.
I can not see any screenshot. I was looking in the "Launch installed file" Custom action. I changed to "Launch file" Custom action and see an option to run as Administrator.

The only option related to "defered" is "When the system is being modified (defered)". Is that the one I want?

I do not see an option related to "no impersonation", except the disabled "Run under the LocalSystem account with full privileges (no impersonation)" option. What do I select?
LaunchFile.PNG
LaunchFile.PNG (22.17 KiB) Viewed 4054 times
Sorin

Hello,

I'm sorry, it seems that the screenshot has not been attached to my post. I have re attached it.
The only option related to "defered" is "When the system is being modified (defered)". Is that the one I want?

I do not see an option related to "no impersonation", except the disabled "Run under the LocalSystem account with full privileges (no impersonation)" option. What do I select?
Yes, these are the options to select.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”