BCh

Prerequisite not see if .Net3.0 Condition in Registry

Hi,

Have to get .Net 3.5 installed prior to Microsoft SQL 2014 else install of SQL fails.

Have defined Requirements / Prerequisites / Packages / Pre-install that has Install Conditions of:

Install prerequisite based on conditions where condition is:
Criteria: Registry key exists
Search String: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5
Install prerequisite if all conditions are false.

Options are:
Reboot system after installing this prerequisite & Only if prerequisite was install successfully
Continue with main installation even if ... is NOT selected.

The install continues to install following prerequisites and I have checked that the Registry key does not exist.

Thanks,
Brian
Sorin

Re: Prerequisite not see if .Net3.0 Condition in Registry

Hello,

Please note that the prerequisite install sequence is given by their order in "Prerequisites" page (from top to bottom), so in order to first install .NET Framework 3.5, please make sure that this is the first prerequisite in the list. Also I would recommend using our predefined ".NET Framework 3.5" and "SQL Server Express 2014" prerequisite that have the correct install conditions already configured.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
BCh

Sorin,

.Net 3.5 is the first defined in the prerequisite list.

Issue with your predefined .NET Framework 3.5 is that (like installing it manually from Microsoft's) it requires an Internet connection. I have tried .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Client Profile with same requirement that an Internet connection is required.

My software is installed in locations (i.e. in a room / factory) where there is no internet connection).

Brian
Sorin

Hello Brian,

In this situation (the lack of internet connection), as far as I know the only possible way to install .NET 3.5 would be to manually enable the .NET Framework 3.5 Windows feature using the Windows installation sources. Please take a look here : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/128 ... -windows-8

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”