zeiddev

Error building is VS - The target "ResolveProjectReferenceOutputs" does not exist in the project

I just upgraded to 14.4 and all of a sudden I am getting this error in Visual Studio when I compile a project. It worked a the previous version. It sees as though the VS component was automatically upgraded as I was not able to compile with the updated version of AI itself so I upgraded AI to 14.4 and started getting this error for projects that used to build without a problem.
Collins

Re: Error building is VS - The target "ResolveProjectReferenceOutputs" does not exist in the project

I'm getting the same error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The target "ResolveProjectReferenceOutputs" does not exist in the project. BootstrapperInstalls c:\program files (x86)\MSBuild\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\AdvInstExtTasks.Targets 180

<Target Name="Rebuild" DependsOnTargets="ResolveProjectReferenceOutputs;CreateOutputDir">
<!-- Run the advanced installer on the .aip project - rebuild -->
<AdvInst Rebuild="true" Project="%(Compile.Identity)" OutputGroups="@(Outputs)" Configuration="$(Configuration)" OutputDir="$(PackageOutput)"/>
</Target>
rufer7

Re: Error building is VS - The target "ResolveProjectReferenceOutputs" does not exist in the project

I'm getting the same error when trying to rebuild my project in VS2015 after update to AdvancedInstaller version 14.4.
Daniel

Hello,

Indeed, this is an issued occurred in our latest version of AI extension for VS. This happens only when you use the "Rebuild" operation. A fix will be available in the future, we will notify you when it will be available.

Until then you should proceed like this:
1. close VS and go to the following path:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\AdvInstExtTasks.Targets
2. edit the content of the "AdvInstExtTasks.Targets" file; just update the following XML element from this:

<Target Name="Rebuild" DependsOnTargets="ResolveProjectReferenceOutputs;CreateOutputDir">
to the following fixed form:

<Target Name="Rebuild" DependsOnTargets="Detection;CreateOutputDir">
3. save the file and restart VS

Please note that the above file should be moved under a location where you have rights to edit it and then copied back under the original location.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Dan

Hello,

This was fixed starting with version 14.4.1 of Advanced Installer released on November 8th, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”