Mikael

Translation Default Strings

Hey!

How do you translate to the dictionary? I have a Swedish installer where everything is not translated but there are many lines still in English. I click on "Default Strings" and make my change. Save and leave the tab. When I return to the tab, all of my changes are gone and replaced with English again, I have tested everything, searched this forum, restarted the system, imported, moved and even edited the Swedish ail file. How do I get rid of the last English in my installer?

The dialogues that are interesting to me are all PrerequisitesDLG.

Thanks in advance
Eusebiu

Re: Translation Default Strings

Hi and welcome to the Advanced Installer forums.

In order to edit and save the dialog's strings, you can edit them in the "Default Strings" tab from the "Translations" page, then use the "Save changes in a dictionary from repository" blue link from the bottom of the page to save them. Another option is to edit and save them directly in the dictionary (.ail) file from the repository location (you can see and edit that location by using the "Inspect repository" link from the same page).

Did you try those options and they did not work for you?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Mikael

Hello and thanks for your welcome!

I do this
1. Open tab Default String and look for what I want to translate.
2. Translate the strings
3 Click on the link "Save Changes in dicionary from repository"
4. I get a new file on the Dictionaries tab "<AI_REPOSITORY>dictionaries\ui_sv.ail". There are also two more files on that tab "<AI_DICTS>ui_sv.ail" and "<AI_DICTS>ui.ail"
5. If i open the file "<AI_REPOSITORY>dictionaries\ui_sv.ail" in a texteditor i only see what I changed, no more. In this case two entrys.
6. If i open the file "<AI_DICTS>ui_sv.ail" the entry Point for what i want to translate is missing. If you compare "<AI_DICTS>ui_sv.ail" and "<AI_DICTS>ui.ail" the sv file are missing many rows and my new "<AI_REPOSITORY>dictionaries\ui_sv.ail" only has the two rows that i changed.

As soon as you return to the Default String tab, the English text is back

I also tried to paste new entries into the file "<AI_DICTS>ui_sv.ail" . but when I start ADI, I get an error message that it's wrong in the "Token"

What am I doing wrong?
Eusebiu

Hi,

The "<AI_DICTS>ui.ail" dictionary is the default dictionary that is used when a language that has no translation is selected. The "<AI_DICTS>ui_sv.ail" is the dictionary related to the Swiden language. These dictionaries should not be modified.

All the changes that you want to do are automatically saved in the "<AI_REPOSITORY>dictionaries\ui_sv.ail" repository dictionary. Normally, this dictionary should be the first in the list of the "Dictionaries" tab and strings from this dictionary should have a higher priority than the others. Are you sure that this dictionary is placed above the others in your project? If not, you can move it with the "Up" and "Down" buttons.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Mikael

Hi

The file "<AI_REPOSITORY> dictionaries \ ui_sv.ail" is at the top of the list but the Swedish translation does not work.

The order of the files is
<AI_REPOSITORY> dictionaries \ ui_sv.ail
<AI_DICTS> ui_sv.ail
<AI_DICTS> ui.ail

Best regards
Mikael
Eusebiu

Hi Mikael,

I'm not sure why this happens. I tested this, but it worked as expected for me. Can you please send me your project and the dictionary file to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
HericK

Hi,

I have the same problem in french version.
I can reproduce like this :

1-Go to translation/default strings,
2-edit Property.Wizard : Old value (Assistant de Configuration) to new value (assistant de configuration) without brakets.
3- Click on the link "Save change in dictionnary from repository"
4 - Save project
5 - Navigate to other tab and come back to Default string
6 - Old string is come back.

Another test same a previous, but close AI after saved and reopen : The new value is present.

Be carreful there is a wrong french translation (inverted chars) in this tab :
Error.2247

Base de données: [2]. Erreur de lecture/écriture dans le flux de transforamtion.
should be
Base de données: [2]. Erreur de lecture/écriture dans le flux de transformation.

My AI version : 14.5.2 build 83143

Best regards
Eric
Eusebiu

Hi Eric,

I'm afraid that this problem is caused by an Advanced Installer limitation, so the new string is displayed only after the project is re-open.

Thank you for bringing the wrong translation to our attention. We will correct this in the French dictionary.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
HericK

Hi Eusebiu,

Thanks for the feedback !

Best regards,
Eric
Eusebiu