mvbios

Error Reading Variable on Bind SSL

Hello,
My installer integrates with a self-made executable that creates a certificate during the installation process.
In the "Pre-Install" stage I get the name of the certificate via "Dialog" and create the certificate according to the name given.
However, I want to configure the "Bind SSL" of my site with the certificate created. When I use fixed paths in the SSL Bind of the site, the certificate is correctly configured, however if I use a variable (which refers to the dynamically generated certificate) an error occurs.
That way I understand that the path coming from the variable is not correct.

Below are images to help in understanding
Attachments
Dialog.png
Dialog.png (19.91 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
CustomActionGenerateCertificate.png
CustomActionGenerateCertificate.png (33.7 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
BindSSL.png
BindSSL.png (12.87 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
Dan

Re: Error Reading Variable on Bind SSL

Hello and welcome to the Advanced Installer forum,

I would like to ask you a couple of questions and provide some pointers. With this I hope to clarify and possibly provide the answer to your issue.
I want to configure the "Bind SSL" of my site with the certificate created. When I use fixed paths in the SSL Bind of the site, the certificate is correctly configured
What fixed paths are you referring to by "Bind SSL"?
if I use a variable (which refers to the dynamically generated certificate) an error occurs
Could you please provide us with a print-screen of this error? In order to have a better view about this, can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation process?

As for the pointers, on the second CustomActionGenerateCertificate.png screenshot that you have sent us, the Launch File --> File To Launch - field should contain the full path of the file you want to launch. This field is of Formatted Type and thus it can include references to files, folders or properties.

For example, if the file is called "kayta.exe" and it is added as a regular file, then you can add a reference
to it in the "File to launch" field like this:

Code: Select all

[#kayta.exe]
For a temporary file, the "File to launch" field would look like this:

Code: Select all

[&kayta.exe]
Also please note that your custom action is added at the beginning of the Install Execution Sequence before the files being copied on the target machine.

If the exe is added as a regular file it should be set to "When system is being modified (deferred)" after the "Add Resources" action as that is when the files are copied on the target machine. Deferred custom actions can receive information about the installation process, mostly only embedded in the CustomActionData property. For details on how to access installer properties in deferred custom actions, please check the Pass installer properties in deferred custom action article.

If it is a temporary file then it can be added between the CostFinalize and InstallFinalize standard actions and it can be as an immediate custom action.

Please let us know if this has resolved your issue.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mvbios

Thank you very much, it helped me a lot. I was able to solve my problem
Daniel

You are always welcome.

Just let us know when you have any questions.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”