shenyongran

The installation directory is limited to English letters

Installation directory can only enter or select: English letters + characters + numbers
If the user chooses or enters the other country language, can not continue the installation next!
How to use Advanced Installer settings?
Sorin

Re: The installation directory is limited to English letters

Hello and welcome to our Forums!

Could you please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Also a testcase containing the characters that you need to use for the installation path would be helpful.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
shenyongran

Maybe I describe a little problem, I mean, how to make the user directory only select English + number + character. If the user input or select the directory non-English (such as Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean), do not install the user prompts the user to modify. Hi, Sorin, this is Google Translate, I can not speak English.
shenyongran

Let the user install (APPDIR), only allow English letters + numbers + characters, do not select the user's language in other countries. My idea, I do not know Advanced Installer can achieve?
Sorin

Hello,

Unfortunately this behavior is not supported by Advanced Installer. However, you can implement this behavior yourself from within a custom action.

You could write a small app that could get the string contained by the APPDIR property and verify if it only contains English characters.

You could launch this app using a Custom action.

For example, you can create your custom action as a custom action written in C# or a custom action written in C++.

You can also use the VBScript or a PowerShell custom action to implement this functionality.

Best regards,
Sorin
shenyongran

I describe this feature, not my personal needs, I hope Advanced Installer official team, the next update to join this feature, the example software: Cheat Engine 6.6 and IDA Pro7.0, the default installation for the English directory, the function of all normal, if you choose other National language string, various errors after installing the program. So this function official need to consider whether to join, for the benefit of Advanced Installer users.
Sorin

Hello,

Maybe we will consider such an improvement in a future version of our product. Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,
Sorin

Return to “Common Problems”