Sehremis

Advanced Installer not recognizing changed files

Hello everyone,

I've come across a the following problem:

I've manually modified a few apache server configuration files which were to be installed from my Advanced Installer Project. However, Advanced Installer does not recognize the files as changed for some reason, and I can't find a way to tell it to update the files from the source.

The consequence is that when I build the installation file and then try to install and run the server, the old configuration files are installed and used.

Granted, I could always manually remove and add the files in the Advanced Installer project for now, but since I want to automate this using TeamCity, that's not really a solution.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks advance,
Kira Resari
Attachments
Advanced Installer Source Files Not Updating.png
Advanced Installer Source Files Not Updating.png (162.79 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
Dan

Re: Advanced Installer not recognizing changed files

Hello Kira,

You could use our Synchronized Folders functionality.

The Synchronized Folders functionality from Advanced Installer allows you to create a synchronization link between a folder located on you hard-drive and one created in your project. This means that every time a project is open, built or you press the [ Refresh ] button in the Files and Folders page, the content of that folder is synchronized to the content of the source folder on disk.

What you have to do is go to the Files and Folders page, right click your folder and from the context menu chose properties.
There you should find the "Syncronized" tab, check the "Synchronize content with folder from disk" and select the target folder.

Regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
eldadcohenil

Hi,

Synchronized Folders functionality - does it require license pro license ?

Thanks
Eusebiu

Hi,

Indeed, the "Synchronize folder" feature is available only in a "Professional" or higher license/project type.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”