zeljko92

Application fails to launch after clicking finish because of the bad path

Hello,
I'm experiencing some problems with installer for the application that should support both only-for-me and per-machine type of installation.
The problem is when user chooses only-for-me type of installation, clicks next and then returns to installation type dialog and switches back to per-machine type of installation. After installation is finished and user has checked Launch MyApp checkbox, error appears saying that application cannot be found on location used by only-for-me type but app can be found in Program Files as it should for per-machine installation.
Is this expected behavior, known issue or I did something that can cause this?
Daniel

Re: Application fails to launch after clicking finish because of the bad path

Hello,

We are not aware of such issue. Could you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Daniel

Re: Application fails to launch after clicking finish because of the bad path

Hello Zeljko,

Thank you for your sent files. After analyzing your project settings most likely this happens because you have wrongly set the "Application folder" installation path to

Code: Select all

[ProgramFilesFolder][ProductName]
Can you please proceed like this:

1. go to "Install Parameters" page and set the "Application folder" field to the following path:

[AI_UserProgramFiles][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]
2. rebuild and test again the setup package

and see if this helped?

Please note that when using the "Per-machine if user is administrator, per-user otherwise" installation type the application folder path must be set like this:

[AI_UserProgramFiles][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]
All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”