jblatourlevasseur

Problem with repackager and HyperV

Hello,

I'm currently trying to repackage an exe file into an MSI with HyperV but i'm unable to make it work.

Every time I get the following error message: "Unsupported network configuration. An internal/External network connection is required for communication between the host and the guest operating systems".
I tried to configure an internal network between the host and the guest, it doesn't work...
I tried to let Advanced Installer create and configure a new VM in HyperV, it create the new VM and install the OS but I get the same error message once it start to repackage...
I also tried to install a new host with a new HyperV installation without luck...
I read the requirement to make repackaging work with HyperV and everything seems to be there...

Do you have a clue what is causing this error?

Thank you very much!
JB
Daniel

Re: Problem with repackager and HyperV

Hello JB and welcome to our forums,

Can you try to manually "Create a virtual switch for Hyper-V virtual machines" and see if this works.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jblatourlevasseur

I tried to manually create a virtual switch, but it didn't work....

Thanks!
Daniel

Hello,

If the manual operation doesn't work either, then I'm afraid there seems to be an issue with your Hyper-V environment. I'm afraid I am not aware what could be the cause of this error.

You can try to post your issue (Hyper-V virtual switch fails to be created) on msdn forums. Here are two Microsoft articles which may be useful to you:

1. Can't create any Virtual Switch in Hyper-V, Failed while creating virtual Ethernet switch 0x800401F3

2. Creating V-switches within the hyper-V environment fails

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”