mvbios

Identifying upgrade mode

I am using the Advanced Installer with the following behavior:

1st - I am updating the installer version through the "dll" of my application that already has the version.
2nd - I am maintaining the default behavior that is to change the "productcode" so that I can "upgrade" an old version with a new one.
3rd - I am using the "Project Updater" to update my application automatically and it is working correctly.

But I have the following problem:

I have a screen where I do the tcp port test, the installer creates a website on the user defined port, when I will upgrade with a newer installer my port test accuses that port is in use. The problem is that if I am upgrading I should not do this gate test.

Is it possible to identify if I am "updating" my application so I can skip this moment when I do the gate test ??
Sorin

Re: Identifying upgrade mode

Hello,

You could skip the dialog in question if an upgrade is detected.

Just go to "Dialogs" page, right click on the dialog and select "Show only if". In the "Expression" field enter the following condition :

Code: Select all

NOT OLDPRODUCTS
The OLDPRODUCTS property contains a list with the Product Codes of the older versions of your installation package. This property is set only in a package which upgrades another package.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”