vlicaros

Web Installer - One Cab archive per feature issue

I have a project that has multiple Builds and for my Web installer build i have selected to Archive the installation files into CAB files and selected to have One CAB archive per feature.

After building all the Builds, the Single EXE setup (resources inside) builds will install properly with no issues, but when i use the Web installer to install on our web server, it will fail part way through in the logs:
Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component

Any ideas?
Sorin

Re: Web Installer - One Cab archive per feature issue

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Could you please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
vlicaros

Hi Sorin

I havent sent the install.log and AIP file to the email address.

I also notice that in the CAB archive the files that come up during the error have an additional file with a "_1" at the end of it with the size of 0. I think this is probably what the cause of the error but not sure how to fix this.
Sorin

Hello Vance,

We've analyzed your project and log files, thank you for sending them.

It seems that this problem is caused by the fact that there are a few cases when the same dll files is added twice in "Files and folders" page - one time as a regular file and one time as a resource contained a synchronized folder. Both the two instances of the same dll file are set to install in the parent folder, thus both should be installed in the same location (eg. APPDIR).

In this case the two instances of the dll should be found in the cab file (with a "_1" suffix appended to their names). Due to a bug in Advanced Installer, when "One CAB archive per feature" option is used in the above scenario, the cab file is built containing a corrupted dll (with size 0). This corrupted dll is the one associated with the file from the synchronized folder.

The error you've mentioned is triggered by the fact that the dll file from the synchronized folder (the corrupted file contained by the cab) is used to define an assembly. As the file is corrupt, the assembly could not be installed.

A fix for this problem will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for bringing it in to our attention.

Until then you could use one of the following workarounds:

1. Avoid using "One CAB archive per feature" option and use "One CAB archive containing all installation files" option instead

2. Remove the regular file instance of the duplicated files from "Files and Folders" page.

3. Your assemblies are configured for the files contained by the synchronized folders. Re-define the assemblies using the regular files instead.

Best regards,
Sorin
vlicaros

Also with this "One Cab archive per feature" selected the Prerequisites dialog will come up but will not install any of the software.
Sorin

Hello,

I have tested your scenario but couldn't reproduce your issue. In order to further investigate this issue please send us a download link for the setup to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Sorin
Dan

Hello,

This was fixed in version 14.6 of Advanced Installer released on February 19th, 2018.

It seems that the CAB contains corrupted file (size = 0) in a certain scenario when "One CAB archive per feature" option is used.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”