PaulK

CustomAction Function Dropdown List

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi All

Using Advanced Installer 14.5.2 Enterprise.

I have been testing the use of Call Function from Attached Native DLL. Using the test project that you have on youtube I have created the DLL CustomAction1.CA.dll. I created a blank project for a .NET application. Setting nothing else I go to Customs Actions and select Call Function from Attached Native DLL facilty and select the .CA.dll, now in the dropdown functions I can see :- CustomAction1, CustomAction2, zzzEmbeddedUIHandler and some others. Now when I run build and the msi file is created if I go back to Custom Actions and view the Function dropdown list for my dll I know see several duplications of the available actions :- CustomAction1, CustomAction1, CustomAction2, CustomAction2, zzzEmbeddedUIHandler, zzzEmbeddedUIHandler and others.. and everytime I do a new build the duplicated list gets longer? also if you change the Attached Dll to another one then the Functions list gets even longer...

Can you please me know what I might be doing wrong?

Look forward to your reply.
Attachments
function.jpg
Image of what I see
function.jpg (79.57KiB)Viewed 6149 times

PaulK

Re: CustomAction Function Dropdown List

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:33 am

Hi

Does anybody have a reply to this problem?

Kind Regards

Eusebiu

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

I tested the scenario and, indeed, I reproduced the problem. This seems to be an Advanced Installer issue. A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Dan

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Hello,

This was fixed in version 15.5 of Advanced Installer released on November 21st, 2018.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”