Sehremis

Installing Server Certificate from ThumbPrint fails

Hello everyone,

I have an IIS server set up which uses the following certificate:
Microsoft IIS Administration Server Certificate, Certificate Hash: DD20D7B6CFE1D71F2F5C9772440B6E4CAC81AFAF

I am now trying to set up an Advanced Installer project to automatically configure a website to use this certificate. I have already manually configured the website and tested that it works. Now all I need to do is figure out how to do this using Advanced Installer.

In the Bindings/SSL section of my website under IIS, I tried selecting "Use existing server certificate", entering "DD20D7B6CFE1D71F2F5C9772440B6E4CAC81AFAF" in the field "ThumbPrint (Hash)". However, if I do this, the following error occurs during installation:

"There was an error while processing the digital certificate for Web Site "xxx"."
"There was an error during the IIS configuration process. Your original IIS configuration will be restored."

After this, the installation rolls back.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
Kira Resari
Sehremis

Re: Installing Server Certificate from ThumbPrint fails

I managed to figure out what caused this issue.

I had the right ThumbPrint (Hash), but the wrong System Store Name.

By going to the IIS Server Management Studio on the target machine and selecting Server Certificates from the server features, I was able to find out the correct System Store Name. After I set this in the Advanced Installer, the installation worked perfectly.
Daniel

Re: Installing Server Certificate from ThumbPrint fails

Hello,

Thank you for your follow up on this.

We are glad that you sorted things out.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”