ccrookston

Can't set name of custom action I just created

Hi,

I just created Custom Action using the wizard, making it a JavaScript action that is embedded directly in the project.

According to this user guide:

https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... te-ca.html

I should be able to set the Name, Argument, and Condition. However, when a dialog, if I try to set a custom action on a button, there is no way to set the Name. Only the Argument and Condition.

In the New Control Event dialog, I select Execute Custom Action, and then at the bottom, inside the Event Options, I only see Argument, Condition and a check box for "show entire condition". I am not seeing any way to select of pick the Custom Action that I just created.

What am I doing wrong?
Daniel

Re: Can't set name of custom action I just created

Hello,

There is a small misunderstanding. You won't have to set the name of the Control Event. This should be always an "Execute custom action" event. The custom action name should be set in the "Argument" field of this event.

We will try to improve our user guide article so it clarify this info in the future, maybe upload a screenshot or something. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Also, as a side note, please make sure that the custom action you created in "Custom Actions" page is created as a custom action without sequence. Only this type of custom actions could be triggered from UI controls.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”