asw102

Advanced installer silent installation fails with FatalError

Hello,

We are using Advanced installer version 14.5.2. We are facing issue when we try to install MSI generated using Advanced installer using command line in quit mode. I have attached log file generated. We are using below command as "Run as Administrator" mode -

"C:\Setup.exe" /qn USER_NAME=XXX USER_PASSWORD=XXX APPDIR=E:\TEMP /L*V C:\package.log

where USER_NAME,USER_PASSWORD,APPDIR are custom variables used in the MSI

Note : We are able to successfully install MSI using full UI mode.

Thank you,
Amol W
Sorin

Re: Advanced installer silent installation fails with FatalError

Hello,

Could you please try to initialize the properties last in your command line by using a command line similar to :

Code: Select all

C:\Setup.exe /qn /L*V C:\package.log USER_NAME=XXX USER_PASSWORD=XXX APPDIR=E:\TEMP
If this isn't helpful, please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
asw102

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried the command sequence you suggested but i am still facing the issue. I have attached log (trimmed) file and the .AIP file here. I am unable to upload Original log file because its size is >4 MB.

Thank you,
Amol Wanjare
asw102

Hello,

I have uploaded the API project and the log file in the previous post. I am stuck with this issue and I really appreciate any help in this context.
Waiting for response.

Thanks,
Amol Wanjare
Sorin

Hello,

I've analyzed your project and log file. Thank you for sending them.

It seems that the installation fails during IIS Windows Feature activation as you could see in the log:

MSI (s) (2C!58) [15:51:49:378]: Product: TriZetto EDM -- Error 4020. There was an error during the IIS configuration process.
This could happen if there are any pending reboots on your machine. Please reboot the machine and try to install the package again. If the error persists please verify if you are able to manually install the Windows Feature.

In order to be able to further investigate this problem we need a download link for the package and a testcase of how to reproduce it.

Best regards,
Sorin
asw102

We tried rebooting the server but we are facing the same problem. Also MSI works when run in FULL UI mode.

Do you have any location where i can copy the product MSI ? Or can i upload the MSI to this message thread as an attachment ?

Thanks,
Amol Wanjare
Sorin

Hello,

If you don't have a web server to upload the resources, you could use a cloud service such as Dropbox and send us the download link. If this is not suitable for you, please send us an e-mail to to support at advancedinstaller dot com and we will come back to you with details regarding how to upload your files on our FTP server.

Best regards,
Sorin
asw102

Hello,

I have uploaded the zip file at the FTP location shared by Advanced installer team. Also put the steps to reproduce in the attached PreRequisites text file.

I have sent password to support team in separate email.

I appreciate your assistance to identify the issue in the package.
Attachments
PreRequisites.txt
(655 Bytes) Downloaded 255 times
Daniel

Hello Amol,

Thank you for your sent files. I've tested your setup silent installation and replicated the error.

After further investigating this it seems this happens because you are not set the "HOST_NAME" property when you silently install the setup. Thus the "bindingInformation" custom property you configure for your web sites will be resolved to empty string at install time and thus this flag will fail to set for your web sites.

To avoid this error please also set your "HOST_NAME" property too when calling the silent install command.

C:\Setup.exe /qn /L*V C:\package.log USER_NAME=XXX USER_PASSWORD=XXX HOST_NAME=<machine_name> APPDIR=E:\TEMP
All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
asw102

Thank you Daniel for your assistance, i have fixed missing parameter value and it runs without any issues. Thank you again !

-Amol Wanjare
Daniel

You are always welcome Amol.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”