srkinyon

Prerequisites Missing Sql LocalDB for both 2016 & 2017

The Predefined Prerequisites are missing Sql Server Express LocalDB 2016 & 2017 - it stops at 2014. I'd request this as a feature but since it is 2018 and both products have been released for a while I'm guessing this is a bug.

Can you direct me to a download of the Prerequisites fragment package like you did in this case?
viewtopic.php?t=33394.

Or can you give me a work-around so that I can include it in my setup?

Thanks!
Dan

Re: Prerequisites Missing Sql LocalDB for both 2016 & 2017

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

This is not a bug, we haven't added the Sql LocalDB for 2016 and 2017 because there is no redistributable available, as it is for Sql LocalDB 2014.

You can read more about this in the SQL Server 2016 Express LocalDB article.

Should there be any difficulty you encounter implementing something, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
srkinyon

"...there is no redistributable available, as it is for Sql LocalDB..."

Sorry, this is not a solution.

Are you saying my only choice is to install the full SQL Server Express 2016 as a Prereq? If so, I only need Local Db so how can I avoid dealing with configuring a whole SQL Server instance?

Also, since I can download the SQL Local DB as part of the installer, how would I use the SQLLocalDb2016.msi?
Dan

Hello,

As I said, there is no redistributable available for LocalDB 2016 or LocalDB 2017.
Also, since I can download the SQL Local DB as part of the installer, how would I use the SQLLocalDb2016.msi?
Note that you can add the SQLLocalDb2016.msi using the [ Package Prerequisite ] toolbar button, “New Package Prerequisite” context menu item or Insert key. You will be prompted to pick the prerequisite setup files.

If you need to pass silent command line for the prerequisite then you can add them in the Install Command Lines section from the Prerequisite Setup Tab. For details, please check the How can I install silent a prerequisite? article.

To install Microsoft SQL Server Express LocalDB silentlyyou should pass the following command to the prerequisite:

Code: Select all

/qn IACCEPTSQLLOCALDBLICENSETERMS=YES
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,
Dan
srkinyon

Dan,
Note that you can add the SQLLocalDb2016.msi using the [ Package Prerequisite ] toolbar button, “New Package Prerequisite” context menu item or Insert key. You will be prompted to pick the prerequisite setup files.
I took a look at this and I think it will work, thanks. I'll give it a try and get back to you with question if I have problems with it, but for now this is solved.
Dan

You're always welcome,

Should there be any difficulty you encounter implementing something, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Dan
mpmahen

The distributables are available by downloading the SQLExpress 2017 or 2016 installation and choose to download the installation materials. You can then choose for localdb.
Catalin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Thank you for contributing to our forums. I am sure this will be of help for further users encountering the same behavior.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”