asw102

Advanced installer activation issue

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:52 pm

Hello,

We have purchased Enterprise floating licence of Advanced installer. We have activation key for activation but we need to activate this license on the build server. But as there is no internet connectivity we are not able to activate this license online, can you provide the url and port number that needs to be opened for license activation connectivity on build server ?

Also I have tried to send "License Request" email to "'support@advancedinstaller.com' but i am receiving "Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: support@advancedinstaller.com A communication failure occurred during the delivery of this message. Please try to resend the message later. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk."

Is there any other way we can get the license file ?

Eusebiu

Re: Advanced installer activation issue

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 am

Hi,

I sent you a license file over the email. I'm not sure why you were not able to reach our support email address. Please make sure that it was not blocked or restricted on your side.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

asw102

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Thank you for sending me the license file via email. I tried to activate the license using the license file you sent, now i am getting error - "A floating license can be used only by the floating license server." I have attached the screenshot of the error message.

Please let me know what additional steps i need to take to activate the license

?
License_activation.PNG
License_activation.PNG (11.73KiB)Viewed 3425 times
Please not that, we are trying to automate build process using TFS build server which is hosted on Windows server 2008 R2 machine.
We have installed Advanced installer version 14.5.2 on the box where we are trying to activate the license.

Thank you,
Amol Wanjare

Eusebiu

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:22 am

Hi Amol,

In order to register a floating license, you need to first configure the license server. After this, launch the file "advinstlicenseserver.exe" from the Advanced Installer installation folder and select "I have a license file received via email" blue link. It will allow you to select the license file, then enter the port number and press "Finish", so the license server service gets started.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

asw102

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Thank you, i am able to activate license on the server by following the instructions.

Eusebiu

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:38 am

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

Just let us know anytime you need assistance.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”