shaileshsathe

Delete Registry key & value from JavaSoft/Prefs set by an java application

Hello,

I am evaluating a trial version of an Advanced Installer.Can someone please help me the procedure in order to remove Registry key and value set by my Java application which i can see in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/JavaSoft/Prefs folder in the registry during uninstall of the application.

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Re: Delete Registry key & value from JavaSoft/Prefs set by an java application

Hello,

To achieve what you want you can simply make sue of our Registry Key Removal support.

Just open your project into Advanced Installer and go to "Registry" page. Then create "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/JavaSoft/Prefs" registry key and right click on it -> "Properties". Go to "Operations" tab and configure the removal operation on a component uninstall using the REMOVE="ALL" condition.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
shaileshsathe

I followed the steps you have given.Still Its not getting removed after Uninstall
Daniel

This may happen if you need to delete the related key on a 64-bit machine. Just go to "Registry" page, select the related key and from its context menu choose "Go To Component" option. In "Organization" page just check the "64-bit Component" option and rebuild and test again your setup package.

If the '64-bit Component" option is not checked the key path will be resolved like this on a 64-bit OS:

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Prefs
Have a look on our "Wow6432Node" article for more details.

If this is still of no help, then please forward us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com your AIP (project file) so we can further investigate and test its settings.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”