shaileshsathe

Problem while reading from software configured COM Ports

Hello,

A very urgent problem. I found that my Java application that reads data from COM Ports configured through software(Perle True Port Management tool) and logs the data into Database.I used advanced installer to create msi of my application and tested the same.But now its not able to read from those software configured COM Ports.Its giving exception of Not getting Valid COM port.But when i use my jar file to run the application.It is able to read from those ports and logs data efficiently. Don't know what's going wrong after creating the msi of the Java application. Also this same MSI able to read from hardware managed COM port.I am running it on windows 10 machine.Please help me.Its very urgent.

Thanks in advance!!!
Bogdan

Re: Problem while reading from software configured COM Ports

Hi,

What command line are yuo using to launch the JAR? Outside of the setup package.

The MSI just included an EXE launcher that in the background calls java.exe and passes to it your JAR and the appropriate command line parameters, based on the configurations you made in Java page, in your Advanced Installer project.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”