sunnysports

"Uninstall Cleanup" does nothing when installation path contains Chinese characters

Hello, I just used Advanced Installer 14.7 to create a package, and I found "Uninstall Cleanup" sometimes fails to cleanup a folder.

Problem 1. "Uninstall Cleanup" doesn't take effect if installation path contains Chinese characters.
Problem 2. "Uninstall Cleanup" doesn't take effect when I used a project converted from Advanced Installer 14.6 project, even if the installation path does not contain Chinese characters.

How to reproduce problem 1:
1. Use Advanced Installer 14.7 to create a Professional project, Options: select Language: Chinese Simplified (PRC).
2. Add a file under "Application Folder". (for example "something.txt")
3. Right click "Application Folder", create an uninstall cleanup operation, select the file under "Application Folder" as the component. (for example "something.txt")
4. Build package.
5. Install the package, and choose a path that contains Chinese character to install.
6. Put some files into installation folder.
7. Uninstall the package.
8. "Uninstall Cleanup" does nothing, and the files you put into app folder are not removed.

For problem 2:
I solved this problem by the following steps:
1. Edit the project, cancel the cleanup operation.
2. Re-add the cleanup operation.
3. Save and rebuild the project.

Sample .aip file for problem 1 contained in the attachment.
Attachments
Test.zip
(459.24 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Daniel

Re: "Uninstall Cleanup" does nothing when installation path contains Chinese characters

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I've tested and replicated both of the reported issues. We will try to add a fix for these issues in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing this to our attention. When a fix will be out we will update this thread.

Until then, I'm afraid we do not have any workaround for the first issue.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sunnysports

Re: "Uninstall Cleanup" does nothing when installation path contains Chinese characters

Daniel wrote:Hello and welcome to our forums,

I've tested and replicated both of the reported issues. We will try to add a fix for these issues in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing this to our attention. When a fix will be out we will update this thread.

Until then, I'm afraid we do not have any workaround for the first issue.

All the best,
Daniel
Thank you for the reply!
Daniel

You are always welcome.

All the best,
Daniel
Dan

Hello,

The "Uninstall cleanup failed in projects upgraded/created with AI 14.7" issue was fixed in version 14.8 of Advanced Installer released on April 16th, 2018.
The issue with Chinese chars in path will be fixed in a future version. We will notify you once the fix will be available.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
sunnysports

"Uninstall cleanup failed when using paths with Chinese characters" - fixed in Advanced Installer 14.9
Thanks!
Daniel

You are always welcome.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”