javiecholson188

recreating vendor install

Hi All:

I've been trying to repackage a vendor install of the Crystal Report Viewer redistributable so that we can sign it with a cert. Applying the cert isn't the problem, I've got that figured out. I started out importing the vendor's install exe into AI and producing a signed msi for automated deployment in our environment.

The problem I have is that the while the msi deployment is silent, the exe install is not (I'm guessing). Where do I tell AI to make running the exe inside silent? I know the switches, where do they go in? Would that be a custom action?

Alternately, I have an msi from the vendor as well. I'm trying to import it, but am getting the "A Row with this key [NotesDir_1] was already registered in the table" during import and the process hangs on "Importing AppSearch table."

Either way would produce my desired result (a signed, silent msi), but I'd prefer to edit the msi directly if I could get it to import.

Thank you!
Eusebiu

Re: recreating vendor install

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.
The problem I have is that the while the msi deployment is silent, the exe install is not (I'm guessing). Where do I tell AI to make running the exe inside silent? I know the switches, where do they go in? Would that be a custom action?
Can you please tell me what do you mean by EXE install? Do you create an EXE package after the repackage operation or is there an EXE inside your package?

If you want to run silently an EXE package that is created with Advanced Installer, you can send the "/exenoui" command line to it.
Alternately, I have an msi from the vendor as well. I'm trying to import it, but am getting the "A Row with this key [NotesDir_1] was already registered in the table" during import and the process hangs on "Importing AppSearch table."
This happens if a duplicate entry is found in a table of the package that you try to import. In order to be able to import that package, you can first open it with Orca and remove the duplicate entries.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”