aho

GUI problems when uninstalled via control panel

Hi,
if I want to uninstall my insatller-package via the control panel, I have some GUI problems. Please have a look at the attached screenshot

This GUI problem occurs only, if setup is openend via the windows control panel. If I start MySetupWizard.EXE for uninstallation, the GUI looks normal.

What can I do to fix this?
Attachments
screenshot GUI
screenshot GUI
2018-04-09 14_51_39-uninstall.png (23.8 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
Eusebiu

Re: GUI problems when uninstalled via control panel

Hi,

This may happen if the "Enhanced User Interface" feature is not set to "Always" in the "Themes" page, "Settings" tab. Can you check that option and see if the problem gets fixed?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aho

I can only find "Extend EXE user interface on uninstall an maintenance" setting. Is this what you meant?
aho

I tested with 'Extend EXE user interface on uninstall an maintenance' setting activated. GUI problems remained.
Eusebiu wrote:This may happen if the "Enhanced User Interface" feature is not set to "Always" in the "Themes" page, "Settings" tab.
As I mentioned in my last post, I can't find this setting. I only have this settings:
theme settings.png
theme settings.png (11.78 KiB) Viewed 4487 times
I use the theme 'BlackSurface'.
Advanced Installer Professional - version 14.0.2

Any ideas?
Thanks so far.
Eusebiu

Hi,

Indeed, that option was renamed to "Extend EXE user interface on uninstall an maintenance" in some versions of Advanced Installer and everything should work with it checked. Can you test this in a new project and see if the problem persists? Also, can you reproduce the problem on multiple machines?

If so, please send me the .AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can investigate it?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu

Hi,

I looked over the project that you sent me via email and I noticed that you added two builds in the "Builds" page of your project. This means that each builds can be configured separately in the "Themes" page by selecting each of them from the toolbar.

I also noticed that the "Extend EXE user interface on uninstall an maintenance" option is set for the x86 build, but it is not set for the x64 build. Can you check it for the x64 build too and see if the problem disappears?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
aho

Hi,
thanks a lot! It's working now.
Eusebiu

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”