t3knoid

Writing to log now working during Install Execution Stage

My custom action uses a helper method that writes to the installer session log file. The method works fine when I access it from a custom action that is executed from the UI sequence. However, in all the custom actions that are executed in the Install Execute sequence, nothing is written to the log file. I get no error and the custom actions run just fine. Just no logging.
Daniel

Re: Writing to log now working during Install Execution Stage

Hello,

I apologize for our delayed reply. Our last week was a short week (some national holidays here) and we got a bit more busy than usual.

This may happen if your custom action is not scheduled to run during the "immediate" stage and trying to write the value of an installer property in the log file. In this case you should set the execution time of your custom action to "Immediately".

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please try to isolate the behavior in a small sample you could share with us. You can attach it here or you can send it us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
t3knoid

Thanks for your response. The custom actions are set to run "Immediately." I will provide an example when I get a chance. Thanks for the clarification.
Daniel

You are always welcome.

Just get back to us when you can forward us a sample to investigate or more details about your setup project implementation which can help us to replicate the issue.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”