bds_julia

Multiple versions in control panel

Recently we added in the Prerequisites of our main installer one of our other products so the client can run and install both of our products at once.
After that change, every time we upgrade to a new version we end up with multiple versions of both products in the control panel.

The version update happens as part of our build and we followed the AI documentation for it. We've been using this for years and has been fine so far.
Commands:
'AI_path' /edit 'installer_name' /SetVersion 'version_number'
'AI_path' /rebuild 'installer_name'

I also tried updating the version through the UI and regenerating the ProductCode when prompted. In this case, it seems to be working fine but it's not an option for us as we need to update the version through our build.

Could you provide any advice on this? Is there an issue updating the version through command line when having prerequisites?
(We are using Advanced Installer version 12.6 )
Eusebiu

Re: Multiple versions in control panel

Hello and welcome to our forums.

I looked over the files that you sent us to our support email and I noticed that the same {GUID} is set for the "AI_CustomARPName", "AI_DisableModify" and "ProductInformation" components in both your projects (you can see this in the "Component" table from the "Table Editor" page).

This might have happened if you duplicated your projects by copying and pasting them instead of using the "Save as template" option.

In order to fix this, you need to generate new GUID numbers for those components in the two projects, then rebuild your packages.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
bds_julia

Hi Eusebiu,

Generating new GUIDs for the fields you suggested, fixed the problem.

We did copy paste the installer file from our main product and updated some fields. Next time we will use the template option.

Thank you so much for your help!
Eusebiu

You're welcome. I'm glad you solved the problem.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”