elou

Issue: FeatureBundle for IIS do not install IIS Console

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:33 am

Hello,
when I'm selecting W10 and Server 2016 the check box for "Web Management Tools/IIS Management Console" disappear and will not be installed, when one of both (W10 or Server 2016) is selected, the Option is shown.
It seam other feature are concerned.
Tested on AI 14.7/14.8

Regards, Éric.

Daniel

Re: Issue: FeatureBundle for IIS do not install IIS Console

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Hello Éric,

I'm afraid this is our implemented behavior. When selecting both target OSes the "IIS Management Console" feature is not displayed because it has different feature dependencies on the related OSes. For instance on Win Server 2016 the above feature has the "Server-Shell" feature as dependency, while on Win 10 the above dependency is not implied.

On our available feature list we display the feature available on the selected target OSes which have the same feature name and the same set of feature dependencies. If one of the above differs then the feature is not displayed as a common feature for all target Oses. This is our implementation.

To achieve what you need you have to create two feature bundle item in our "Prerequisites" page.

If there is anything else we can assist you with just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

elou

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello,
thank you for your reply, I now understand how you've (at AI) thought this feature. It would be nice to have more adversing about it in the documentation (what about an exemple?).

If I want to configure for W10 I also have to check the W10 checkbox, for the Server2016 configuration I create a new feature bundle where I check the 2016 checkbox.
For all other OS I create a new feature bundle with all other checkboxes

Am I right?

May I ignore the Condition field and assume that the defined feature, in each feature bundle, are only the selected OS?

Regards, Éric.

Daniel

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Hello Éric,

Thank you for your feedback on this. We will try to improve our user guide files with more details in the future.
If I want to configure for W10 I also have to check the W10 checkbox, for the Server2016 configuration I create a new feature bundle where I check the 2016 checkbox.
For all other OS I create a new feature bundle with all other checkboxes

Am I right?
Yes, this is right.
May I ignore the Condition field and assume that the defined feature, in each feature bundle, are only the selected OS?
Yes, if the "Condition" field is set to 1 (or to a condition which is always true).

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”