Fulgan

AI setup project error

Hello,

I'm building an installation package for a service to be deployed internally. The service will connect to a SQL server instance and use it to store messages retrieved from a message queue. It is written in C# with VS 2017 and targeting .NET 4.6.

All destination machines are windows 2012R2 servers running in an isolated environment (no network access).

I didn't notice that AI forced the "only run when active internet connection is found" option in my package.

When I attempt to deploy my installer build with AI 14.7, the installer fails to find an active connection and crashes with the following error:
2018-04-26_15-25-03.png
2018-04-26_15-25-03.png (138.78 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
The installation then terminates.

I have removed the internet check and the package now runs
Daniel

Re: AI setup project error

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have tested the scenario but we were not able to replicate the related Windows application error (the instruction at ...).

If you could replicate the error in a small sample which you could share with us alongside a test case this will be great. Or if you could send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com your AIP (project file) whose built setup package generates the error, this will be useful too.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”