vdms-mark

MsiDatabaseImport Error

Hello,

I'm making some modifications to my project, and after doing so, I am unable to build. Actually, this has happened on two separate machines. I am trying to follow the steps in this guide:
https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... tures.html

After adding new dialogs and conditions, I tried to build the project to step through the dialog UI. I get this error:
Error calling MSI API: 1627 Method: MsiDatabaseImport Table: ControlCondition. Extended Error: 1: 2216 2: [path]\setup.msi 3: ControlCondition.idt 4: 6
Attachments
stack_trace.txt
stack trace
(794 Bytes) Downloaded 235 times
Daniel

Re: MsiDatabaseImport Error

Hello,

It seems somehow your project got broken. Can you please send us your AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings?

If you could manage to isolate a pattern or test case which leads to this error this will be very useful for us.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
vdms-mark

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. In the mean time, I ended up deleting a section form my project file...

Code: Select all

<COMPONENT cid="caphyon.advinst.msicomp.MsiControlConditionComponent">
</COMPONENT>
After that, my project builds fine and I haven't noticed any regressions, so hopefully it's fine now.
Daniel

Hello,

Thank you for your follow up on this.

Please note that manually editing the AIP XML content is not a recommended practice, and even if your built setup project works fine by now, you should still thoroughly test your setup package. Since the error was given by the ControlCondition table you should make sure there is no glitch in the way your UI controls behave.

The ControlCondition table handle the state of UI controls (enabled,disabled, visible, hidden) depending on conditions you have configured.

Also, if you need feel free anytime to send us a copy of the broken AIP state and we will analyze and get back to you with a fix.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”