darrenl

Registering .OCX files

Hi there,

I'm aware of the various options to register an .ocx, however none seem to successfully register UNLESS the installer has admin. privileges.

Is setting a global admin. privilege the only way to successfully register/install .ocx files in Advanced Installer?

Thanks
Darren
Daniel

Re: Registering .OCX files

Hello Darren,

Indeed, when using the "Self register native library" option the OCX module will be successfully registered only when installing per-machine.

Can you please try to use the "Extract registration info from native library" option for your OCX module and see how this works?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
darrenl

Hi Daniel,

Sorry, I should have said that I’ve tried that already and get a different error message.

The new error message is:

Could not write value Version to key
\Software\Classes\Interface\{… <long code>…}\TypeLib. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I assume this is still related to the .ocx files. It appears to be trying to write something to the registry?

:cry:

Cheers,
Darren
Daniel

Hello Darren,

Could you please share with us your AIP (project file) and a download link to the related OCX file (and all of its dependency files) so we can fully test and investigate this on our side? If so, please send it us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”