erik_nymi

14.8 no longer opens my aip file

I updated my AIP file, saved it, committed it to git and sent it to our Jenkins build system to build but it failed:

Code: Select all

[Windows Installer] c:\jenkins\workspace\SDK5\PR-405\installer\win>AdvancedInstaller.com /edit NymiRuntime.aip /SetVersion 5.0.0.0 
[Windows Installer] Unable to find row with id:  in table: Component.
I tried to build it in AI 14.8 but it crashed with a SEGFAULT. I quit AI and tried to reopen the aip file but I get the same error as the build system and it won't open.

I've attached the broken aip file. Help appreciated!
Attachments
NymiRuntime.aip
Can't open.
(49.71 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Daniel

Re: 14.8 no longer opens my aip file

Hello and welcome to our forums.

I'm not so sure how your AIP (project file) reached this corrupted state, but it will be useful if you could send us too a backup copy of your AIP before becoming corrupt.

Also, if you manage to find a small test case which starting from a working setup project leads to a corrupted one, this will be great.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
charles267

This is correct. Starting with 14.7, this error occurs whenever trying to open one of our projects. The only option is to keep using 14.7 or older.
Daniel

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I'm not so sure why this happens. Can you please send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com one or more AIPs (project files) that work in AI 14.7 and a test case we can follow to replicate this error?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”