moet_36

License Keeps Disappearing

We have a Windows build machine that our licensed Advanced Installer lives on. When we trigger a build, the machine wakes up and executes the build and package of our application. However, as of late, the Advanced Installer step has been failing, saying our license is expired. In the same awake session (i.e. before it goes to sleep again) I remote into the machine, open advanced installer and register the license using our key and this succeeds. If I trigger another build it will finish successfully. The problem is, once the machine goes to sleep again and wakes up for another build the license will not be applied.

Any feedback on this issue is appreciated,

Ryan

Advanced Installer 13.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
Daniel

Re: License Keeps Disappearing

Hello Ryan and welcome to our forums,

This may happen if your build machine hardware configuration changes at boot time. This could happen if your build machine is a VM. In this case our license (which is computer hardware specific) becomes invalid and you should register it again indeed.

If this is the case, then please send us a quick email to support at advancedinstaller dot com including your license key and we will generate and send you a special license file which should avoid this behavior.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”