prerak6962

Restore Built-in Dialogs

Hello,

In my project, I modified the design of the built-in SQLServerConnectionDlg dialog.
However, now I want to use the initial default design, so I deleted the modified dialog and added again the SQLServerConnectionDlg dialog. But the newly added dialog has the modified design.

So, is there a way to restore the design of the built-in dialogs?

Thank you.
Prerak
Dan

Re: Restore Built-in Dialogs

Hi Prerak.

Each dialog from the predefined list of dialogs has a fragment where the dialog is defined. When you edited the predefined SQLServerConnectionDlg, the changes are saved in the .AIP(project file), the fragment that contains the info for the SQLServerConnectionDlg is not changed.

Thus, when adding the SQLServerConnectionDlg once again, the dialog defined in its fragment will be added, it doesn't matter what changes you've done before.

Just make sure that you haven't changed the fragment that is used to define the SQLServerConnectionDlg e.g. default install path is:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 14.8\themes\<theme>\fragments\SQLServerConnectionDlg.aip
Can you please check this once again?

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
prerak6962

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I had a reference to the modified dialog in one of the "Published Events". Because of that it still had the reference of the modified dialog in the Dialog Table.
Once I deleted it, the reference row was deleted from the table and upon adding the new one, it rendered the original dialog.

Prerak
Daniel

You are always welcome Prerak. We are glad you got everything working.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”