vivian.lobo

loadhive.exe.66DCD5FC_3d5FC_493E_B5FE_EB3F3A88DEBF' is not marked for installation.

This error does look like it is some sort of registry entry issue. Can it be a problem with Windows?
I have never had this issue with Windows 10 but a lot of Windows 7 customers are getting this. Made sure the OS is 64 bits as the installer is for 64 bits. The user also have admin rights to write to the registry.
LoadHive.png
LoadHive.png (164.65 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
Attachments
AdvancedInstaller.log
(465.85 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
vivian.lobo

Re: loadhive.exe.66DCD5FC_3d5FC_493E_B5FE_EB3F3A88DEBF' is not marked for installation.

Sorry for the bump in the thread. I am completely lost, I am not even able to search for help with the error message.
Eusebiu

Re: loadhive.exe.66DCD5FC_3d5FC_493E_B5FE_EB3F3A88DEBF' is not marked for installation.

Hi,

Usually this message is given by Windows Installer when a custom action is trying to access a file from the package which was not installed. As I can see, the "localhive.exe" file is contained by a merge module, so please make sure that the file is installed by that merge module.

For example, the error may occur if a false condition is set for the component containing that file. You can see a similar discussion in the "The file xxx is not marked for installation - again" thread.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
vivian.lobo

Thank you for the reply.
Strangely enough, I cannot replicate the error apart from this one machine. Who are, our customers.

every other machine installs the files perfectly fine. Is this some kind of a weird Windows permission issue?
Eusebiu

Hi,

This is strange, indeed, but I do not think that this happens from the Windows permissions. Can you please send me the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
vivian.lobo

Thanks for the offer to help. I have emailed the details as requested.
Eusebiu

Hi,

Thank you for sending me the requested files.

I looked over them, but the log shows that no file is set for installation which is strange. Can you ask your customer to manually remove the old version of the application from the "Programs and Features" list, then install the new version and see if the problem persists?

Do you have merge modules added to your project? The log shows that the missing file and the custom action that needs it are configured in a merge module, but the project you sent does not contain any merge module. Are you sure that they are related?

Did you create the merge module with Advanced Installer? If so, can you send me its related project or the merge module itself, so I can investigate them too?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
vivian.lobo

Thanks for the check. I should have sent another AIP file. However, we do not have any merge modules really. Some pre-req files.
I will request the user to remove any old version and try again.

Meanwhile, there are no submodules within the project. I have attached a separate AIP file for your reference and maybe that can help shed some more light.

Return to “Common Problems”