scott_cc

How to fix Headless app from .exe to .appx

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:14 am

Hi guys,
When create a UWP and upload it to MS app. I got a error message from MS website as below:

Package acceptance validation error: xxxx.appx specifies a headless app. You don't have permission to create a headless app. Pleae update AppListEntry = "none" in the AppxManifest file and also ensure you have the waiver "HeadlessAppBypass" associated to this app.

My appx is created/transfered by one exe file on Advanced Installer. How could i set "applistentry = none" in the AppxManifest?
And how could i waiver "HeadlessAppBypass" associated to the app?

It's the only one error message and i can't find the solution or relevant settings on Advanced Installer.
Thanks. :)

Daniel

Re: How to fix Headless app from .exe to .appx

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,
My appx is created/transfered by one exe file on Advanced Installer. How could i set "applistentry = none" in the AppxManifest?
To do so you should go to "Visual Assets" page into your setup project and set the "AppList Entry" combo box to "none".
I am not sure how this can be done. I have added a task on our todo list so we research about how this can be done and as soon as we will have a resolution will update this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Daniel

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:46 am

Hello,
We further investigated this scenario, but unfortunately weren't able to find any documentation excepting the "Publish Windows Store App error" which propose as a solution to set the WinRT Access to none.

So, can you please open your setup project in Advanced Installer and go to "Content URIs" page? Here edit you URI rules to set the "Include" -> "WinRT Access" flag to none. If you do not have any URI defined, then you can try to define one and see if this helps.

All the best,
Daniel

Bogdan

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Hi,

The solution to fix the HeadlessAppBypass error is to add an appAlias for your console app in the Declarations page from your Advanced Installer project.

appalias.png
appalias.png (28.24KiB)Viewed 49583 times
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team

jtellier

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:42 am

Have you ever seen this happen with multiple executables in a package, one UI and 2 Services? I cannot get past this error no matter what I do.

Daniel

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 am

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Have you tried to use the solutions proposed above in this thread for your APPX project in Advanced Installer? If so, could you please forward us by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com a download link for your .AIP (setup project) and for your built APPX/MSIX package? So we can try to investigate this on our side.

All the best,
Daniel

Dan

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:56 am

Hello,

One of our customers reported regarding the headless app error in the msix upload.
Apparently, you have to have to get a waiver from them. You need to contact Microsoft’s store operations support team. A headless app is one that doesn’t have a specific start point (like a library) or one that doesn’t have a UI. Part of the app is a service, so I guess that counts as a headless app.
Please update AppListEntry = "none" in the AppxManifest file
Please set App List Entry to Default or Not Specified, as below:
AppList entry.PNG
AppList entry.PNG (15.48KiB)Viewed 49229 times

Let us know if you were able to get this working and share your feedback regarding the steps that you performed.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”