aho

Creating Package via command line (TFS Build Server) - sometimes wrong version - fails

Hi,
My package gets created automatically with command line arguments (Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Build Server).
Sometimes - I guess whenever the version of my binaries changes - it fails. If I try again, it works.

Please see the Log of the TFS Build Server:
Log.png
Log.png (87.7 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
Here is the content of the file "CommandFileForBuild_AnyCPU.txt:

Code: Select all

;aic
SetProductCode -langid 1033
Save
Rebuild -buildslist Build_x64;Build_x86
Save

:?: What can I do to make it work everytime?
Daniel

Re: Creating Package via command line (TFS Build Server) - sometimes wrong version - fails

Hello,

Unfortunately this issue happens due to a small issue which replicates in our previous versions of Advanced Installer (e.g. 14.0.2). When the ProductVersion is set from file on every file version change on disk, the change is not reflected in the setup package file name too when the first build operation is run. This issue occurs indeed only during the first build operation after the file version change.

However, this issue was fixed in our newer version of Advanced Installer. Can you upgrade to Advanced Installer 14.9 and check to see if this issue ever occurs?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aho

Re: Creating Package via command line (TFS Build Server) - sometimes wrong version - fails

Hi Daniel,
Unfortunately our maintenance plan stopped, at 14.0.2. So update is not possible.
What can we do?
Daniel

Hello,

Please send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com your Advanced Installer license key and mention this forum thread and we will get back to you with a fix you can use.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”