Catalin

Re: Do anynoe help me?

Hello HaBA and welcome to our forums,

No, that is not a limination. During the trial period, you have all features enabled.

Please keep in mind that there are two ways to create a silent installation package. One of them is "Basic User Inteface", which can be done through Advanced Installer and the other one is "Basic or no User Interface" which can be done through the Command Line.

In order to create a silent installation package that only displays a simple progress bar, we have to set the "LIMITUI" property inside the MSI. This can be done by going to "Install Parameters" page and checking "Limit to basic user interface (simple progress and error handling) option in "Installation Options" tab.

In order to create a silent installation package that does not display an UI at all, we have to run the MSIEXEC command on our package(please bare in mind that we must use an elevated command prompt). To do this, open the Command Prompt and type the following command :

Code: Select all

msiexec /i "YourPath" /qn (e.g. msiexec /i "C:\myFolder\myApp.msi" /qn)
For more details, you can follow our "How do I create a silent installation package" tutorial.

Are you, by any chance, using any deployment methods like SCCM / GPO ?

If this did not help, don't hesitate to come back at me with more details about what is going wrong.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
lesliehedzg

How can I make my own "PROGRESSDLG"?
I made my own status bar but the bar never loads, it stays still and my installation does not end.
Thank you.
Catalin

Hello Leslie,
How can I make my own "PROGRESSDLG"?
Unfortunately, that is not possible, but you can try to customize the already existing "ProgressDlg".
I made my own status bar but the bar never loads, it stays still and my installation does not end.
Is the status bar placed on the already existing "ProgressDlg"? If no, try to place it there, replacing the already existing status bar.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”