mkjones

Previous version not getting uninstalled

I've inherited an AI installer, and I'm not really a "Setup Guy", so forgive me if this is a stupid question. Our install is simple, and it is set up to remove the previous version. However, just noticed that I've got a bunch of point releases (which I have installed) listed in Add/Remove Programs. It is showing every point release from 5.6.2.1 to 5.6.2.5 (the current release).

My Upgrades page is set to "Automatically upgrade older product versions", "Use original installation path when upgrading", and "Uninstall old version first then install new version". And I generate a new Product ID each time I create the installer for each point release.

What I want is for the old release to be removed, and the new one installed. And we have to distribute each new release as a "Single MSI (resources inside)", so an EXE won't work.

What boat am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

--mkj
Catalin

Re: Previous version not getting uninstalled

Hello,

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce your scenario. I have tried to follow it step-by-step but the problem did not reproduce.

Can you please send us the .aip (project files) by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate their settings, followed by a test case which reproduces the scenario?

Having a deeper look into it, I noticed that this behaviour can be reproduced when the different versions of the application have different "Installation types". To check this, you can go to "Install Parameters" page from the "Package Definition" group --> "Installation type".

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”