Nils

Jenkins unable to register

Jenkins fails to register the Advanced Installer when using the plugin. I am using the automated install with my license key (copy&paste).

Error message:

Unable to register Advanced Installer. Invalid License Key. Please copy and paste the License Key
exactly as received in the purchase confirmation email.
FATAL: caphyon.jenkins.advinst.AdvinstInstaller$InstallationFailedException: Failed to register Advanced Installer
Daniel

Re: Jenkins unable to register

Hello and welcome to our forums,

We apologize for the delayed answer.

I am not so sure why this happens. Can you please forward us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com your license key you are currently using to install and automatically register Advanced Installer?

Also, could you please try to manually download, install and then register the Advanced Installer desktop application on your Jenkins machine and let us know if the registration succeed?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Nils

Thanks for the answer. I solved the problem by actually doing what you are suggesting. After manually installing to the same folder the plugin would normally do the key was recognised.
Daniel

You are always welcome.

I am glad you got this working.

All the best,
Daniel
Demby

Nils wrote:Thanks for the answer. I solved the problem by actually doing what you are suggesting. After manually installing to the same folder the plugin would normally do the key was recognised.
Unfortunately what worked for you didn't work for me. Unless I did something wrong. Could you possibly post a step-by-step of what you did, Nils? If not, I'll contact support.
I think these are the best mass gainers on the market.
Nils

We updated our license to enterprise just lately. I changed the key in jenkins but the plugin was still running with the old key I guess and did not re-install. I removed the old Advanced Installer installation on the slave(s) and did a manual installation in the exact folder the plugin normally installs to. Afterwards the new key got recognised.
Daniel

Hello Demby and welcome to our forums,

Just let us know if you still face problems. Just give us some details about the error you get.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Common Problems”