akashn

Not able to get all website details in installer property.

Hello,

I am facing one issue with the installer.
I have used the IIS browse and stored the all details in the list box.
Then i have used the extractlistboxdata custom action to get all the list box data. Which stores the all the values in the following property
[AI_LISTBOX_DATA]

But I found that when I tried to get the property value it seems that this is not the complete value. It might be truncated aroung 900 characters
I am facing this issue.
I need to know whether is there any maxmimum character limit in the installer property ?
How can I get the complete data from the list box in the installer property ?
Can you provide the script to loop through the all values in the list box data so I will not be required to get list list box data in installer property?

Please suggest the solution.

Regards,
AkashN
Daniel

Re: Not able to get all website details in installer property.

Hello AkashN and welcome to our forums,

I am not sure why this happens. There is no maximum limit for an installer property.

Did you use our ExtractListBoxData predefined action to extract the strings from your list box?

Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”