Chrissanth12

Hi guys, i have a question about chained install.

I created a package that install separate MSIs as prerequisites using "Chained packages", and when trying to installing this package I see a "User Account Control" dialog asking for permisions for each of the chained packages, is this expected, I will expect to have just one such dialog. In my case the main package containing the chained packages uses the "Web installer" Package Type option.
Catalin

Re: Hi guys, i have a question about chained install.

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Yes, this is the expected behavior. Chained packages are packages embedded in your MSI. That being said, if you don't enable the "Run as administrator" option in your current package, you will be asked for permision for each of your packages. Also keep in mind that "Chained packages" are ignored on machines with older Windows Installer versions than Windows Installer 4.5 .

In order to avoid this, you can go to "Install Parameters" page from the "Package Definition" group and enable "Run as administrator" option from the "Installation options" tab.

For more information about "Prerequisites", you can check our "Prerequisites Page" article.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”