xiao.lu

Launch attached file issue

We run a exe file before installation and we used to use the "Launch attached file" custome action and it was working fine. However, yesterday, the new version installer we built with exactly same settings does not work anymore. It cannot find the attached exe file anymore.

Can you advice what happened?

Regards

Xiao
Catalin

Re: Launch attached file issue

Hello Xiao,

Can you please give me more details about your scenario? If you're allowed to, please send me the .aip (project file) and a "verbose log" of your installation by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com.

If you could try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side, this would be very useful.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
xiao.lu

Hi Catalin,

I have sent the sample. Please confirm if you have received it. (could be blocked by email filters)

Regards

Xiao
Catalin

Hello Xiao,

Unfortunately, your sent files were rejected by our mail-service because the package contained a .exe file in it.

Can you please upload it on a web-service and send the link by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com ?

Regards,
Catlain
xiao.lu

Hi Catalin,

We found it is the attached file needs extra reference after a change and causes this issue. It is not related to AI. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Xiao
Catalin

You're always welcome, Xiao.

Regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”