Codename K

Multiple Build Configurations?

Hello,

I am building multiple build configurations. There are two different files with the same name in different sub-folders. Based on the selected build, it only needs to include file in one sub-folder to the main folder and build the installer.

Application Folder > SubFolder1 > myfile.exe
Application Folder > SubFolder2 > myfile.exe

If build1 then,
Application Folder > myfile.exe (which is in SubFolder1)

If build2 then,
Application Folder > myfile.exe (which is in SubFolder2)

Is this possible?

:?:
K
Catalin

Re: Multiple Build Configurations?

Hello,

Yes, this is possible. In order to do this, you can create a separate feature for each of your components files and include this feature only in a selected build.

Here is a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how you can achieve that:
1) Go to "Files and Folders" page from the "Resources" group, right click on one of your subfolders --> "Properties" --> check "Install folder content into the parent folder" option from the "Component" tab.
2) Repeat the step number 1) for the other subfolder.
3) Go to "Organization" page from the "Package Definition" group.
4) Create two new features by using the "New Feature" button from the toolbar and name them as you wish.
5) Drag and drop the two components from the "MainFeature" into the different features we have earlier created (drag the component from the "Subfolder1" to one feature, and the component from the "Subfolder2" to the other feature)
6) Click on one of your features and, in the "Feature Properties" pane, scroll down to the "Builds" tab, select "Include feature only in selected builds" and select one of your builds (let's say we select "Subfolder1" build for this one)
7) Repeat the step number 6) for the other feature, but now select the other build (in our case "Subfolder2")

Hope this helps!

If you have any further questions or doubts, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll gladly assist.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Codename K

Thanks. Is it also possible to change the values in the dialog text based on the build? Based on the build a property value will change. Is this possible?
K
Codename K

I found the property value [|AI_BUILD_NAME]. Thanks for your support.

:)
K
Catalin

You're always welcome!
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”