dave9382

Service will not start with "verify sufficient priveleges" message

I have configured a service to start/strop/delete during the On Install. (I added delete in case the service was already installed but in a different folder).

The service is configured as a win32 service that runs it's own process but not set to run under a user account. We always run the service as local system.

I am running the installer as an administrator. The installer has no issues stopping deleting the service if it already exists. It has no issues installing it and setting it to run under a local system account. But when it goes to start the service (after the file copy) it fails to start and gives an error to "verify sufficient priveleges to start system service".

This is not making any sense to me because I am an admin on the machine, running as administrator on the installer.
I can even start the service manually after installer has created WHILE the Error message box is sitting up on the screen. Via the Services.msc management console or via a net start command in command prompt. I can't figure out why advanced installer can't start the service. I am forced to cancel the installation (and everything rolls back).

I have tried to attach the log for the installer but the forum is telling me the file is too large (12MB??) . I can email it somewhere if needed.
dave9382

Re: Service will not start with "verify sufficient priveleges" message

Nevermind it seems to be working now. I am not sure what changed. If I can get into a situation where this is happening again. I will repost.
Daniel

Re: Service will not start with "verify sufficient priveleges" message

Thank you for your follow up on this.

Just let us know anytime we can be of help to you.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”