Aniki

Jacob COM Library Methods Not Working

I developed a Java desktop application and I create my Installer according to the documents. My Java Product is running smoothly. But when I try to use Jacob Com library method, application crashes and it gives me "A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:" titled error log. I must note that ; there is no problem when I run my Java app from .jar file using "java -jar MyJarFile.jar" command and use that method. And I tried other jar to exe tools ; there is no error. Why .exe file which is created by Advanced Installer gives such a problem ?

Some details:

- Jacob COM library does not need any special registration. Dll files needs to be on System32 (For 64 bit OS SysWOW64) , that is all.

- When applicaton run from exe file , most if the time it crashes when I try to use Jacob COM library methods but sometimes it does not. Crash occurs more often.

Regards.
Catalin

Re: Jacob COM Library Methods Not Working

Hello and welcome to our forums,

First of all, sorry for the delayed replay. I am not sure why you encounter this behavior.

Can you please send us the .aip (project file) and the necessary resources to reproduce this behavior by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings? If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”