hannibael

Install MongoDb Service

Hello,

I want to install and start MongoDb as service for my project. However I could not achieve to install MongoDb as service. Error log file is:

Action start 6:52:58: InstallMongoService.
CustomAction InstallMongoService returned actual error code 1 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
MSI (s) (74:28) [06:52:58:933]: Note: 1: 1722 2: InstallMongoService 3: C:\Windows\Installer\MSID5B8.tmp 4: /RunAsAdmin /dir "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\" cmd.exe /c "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\bin\mongod.exe" --config "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\mongod-cfg.txt" --install
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallMongoService, location: C:\Windows\Installer\MSID5B8.tmp, command: /RunAsAdmin /dir "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\" cmd.exe /c "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\bin\mongod.exe" --config "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\mongod-cfg.txt" --install
MSI (s) (74:28) [06:53:02:917]: Product: Red Eagle System Manager -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallMongoService, location: C:\Windows\Installer\MSID5B8.tmp, command: /RunAsAdmin /dir "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\" cmd.exe /c "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\bin\mongod.exe" --config "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\mongod-cfg.txt" --install

My custom actions are attached. Could you help me to install MongoDb service?
Service_Start.png
Service_Start.png (53.54 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
Install_Service.png
Install_Service.png (55.07 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
Cong_File.png
Cong_File.png (55.42 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
Catalin

Re: Install MongoDb Service

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Can you try to check the "Use 64-bit Launcher" option ? If this does not work, can you try to manually install the setup using the command lines presented in the "Command line" field ? For example, you can try to create a .BAT file containing the command lines and see if that works.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
hannibael

Hello,

Thank you it works with .bat file and when I use native DLL instead of Launch file.

Kind Regards,
Berker
Catalin

Hello Berker,

I'm glad you got this working!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”